You sweat excessively, even when you’re sitting in an air-conditioned room. You have no idea why. It’s something you’ve been dealing with for a long time, and it’s starting to inhibit your life. Well, that excessive sweating problem might be a condition called hyperhidrosis. Here are some signs that that’s the case.
- Clammy or wet palms
- Clammy or wet soles on your feet
- Constant sweating
- Noticeable sweating that soaks through your clothes
- Night sweats for no apparent reason
- Difficult gripping things due to sweaty palms
- Irritating and painful skin problems like infections
- Worrying about body odor
- Socially withdrawn
- Selective employment where physical contact or human interaction is not a job requirement
- Worrying about stained clothes
- Problems with daily activities, like driving
- Spending a lot of time coping with your heavy sweating
- Avoiding physical contact, like handshakes or hugs
- Sweating causes emotional distress and even depression
- Challenges in romantic relationships
There are many different things that are thought to cause hyperhidrosis in people. With that being said, roughly 30% to 50% of people diagnosed with hyperhidrosis have another family member afflicted as well, implying a genetic predisposition. This condition also has a higher incidence in people who are more prone to feelings of anxiety, nervousness, and emotional stress than the average person.
While your life may seem doom and gloom because you sweat excessively, there is hope. There are many different treatment options available, including iontophoresis treatment. With this process, you use the equipment to immerse parts of your body in small tubs of water. Then, small electrical currents flow through the water, temporarily shutting down your sweat glands. You can use it for your feet, hands, arms, and more.
It’s recommended that you complete this processes a few times a week for 15 minutes at a time. After you’ve been doing it for a few weeks, you can cut down to twice a week sessions. The best part about this treatment is that you can purchase the equipment yourself and do it right at home.
Hyperhidrosis is hard to deal with, but there are solutions. You no longer have to avoid physical contact, working in public, or your favorite activities. Take your life back from hyperhidrosis and try iontophoresis treatment today.